At 3pm our block of land officially became ours! HOORAY!!
So now we just have to work on signing final house contracts and plans next Friday, picking colours and electrical plan week after, and starting build in November. Have tentative start date of Nov. 27 but they are hoping to start sooner, so fingers crossed!!
Oh and did I mention we are moving in 11days and then putting our current house on the market? As soon as we move out (to one of mum's units, thanks mum!) we are going to recarpet, repaint, and hopefully sell quickly so there's no financial pressure as we build our new home.
Cos I have nothing better to do with my time! Thank goodness I"m on maternity leave - I dont know how people do all this while working full time!! I need to get it all done now before I'm back at school next year or I'll go nuts.
HOORAY!!
Cheers
Caz
Congrats you guys. Glad you did an update. I have your link in my favourites so I look forward to photos and more info as it all happens. It is fun but stressful, we have been there, done that.
ReplyDeletethanks Jeri I am enjoying the whole process but will be more than happy when all the bank and paperwork stuff is out the way and our house starts taking shape!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Caz!!! I don't envy you moving now and then again when your house is finished though (I HATE packing and unpacking!!!)
ReplyDeletethanks Sophie - I'm not looking forward to it either, so I'm keeping a lot of stuff packed and stored in the lockup garage (like winter stuff etc that we wont need). Should only hopefully be for 6-7months and at least we wont have as much crap to wade through next time - I've had to sort out 8yrs worth of JUNK the last few weeks, not fun!!
ReplyDelete